Pages

April 16, 2010

Andes Mint Fudge

Tim and I both love mint chocolate, so I am often making delicious minty treats. This has also resulted in me having five bags of Andes baking chips in my pantry. Wanting to make space and condense my supplies, I decided to make some fudge.

I will do one thing differently next time I make this. My fudge set a little on the soft side, and should have included more chocolate chips to harden it a bit. I have indicated this change in the version below.


Andes Mint Fudge

1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Bag (10 oz) Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips
¾ C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tsp. Vanilla

1. Line bottom and sides of a 8-inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch foil overhanging on 2 opposite sides of the pan. Grease foil with butter.

2. In 2-quartsaucepan, heat milk, baking chips, and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat,

3. Quickly stir in vanilla. Spread in pan. Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until firm. Using the foil overhangs, lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment