Pages

April 17, 2010

Orange Cream Cookies

As soon as I saw these cookies, I had to make them. They smell and taste exactly like a Creamsicle.

The original recipe calls for a pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, but I used the sugar cookie recipe that I used for the Easter Egg Stained Glass Sugar Cookies.


Orange Cream Cookies
3/4 C. Butter, Softened
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Orange Extract
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2-1/2 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
5 Drops Yellow Food Color
2 Drops Red Food Color
1-1/2 C. White Vanilla Baking Chips

Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, orange extract, and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in food coloring. Stir in baking chips.

On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough with 1 1/2 tablespoon-size cookie scoop or by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 10 minutes or just until dough is set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely.


Adapted from: Betty Crocker Christmas Cookies, 2009

1 comment:

  1. They are awesome!! They taise just like creamsicles! I think I ate my weight in them.

    ReplyDelete